Embedded videos are an easy way to splice up a lifeless PowerPoint presentation.
- select the Insert tab from the ribbon at the top of the screen
- under the heading for media select the pulldown menu under video
- you have THREE choices: Video from file (i.e local video file), Video from website (e.g. YouTube video), or a Clip-art video (i.e animated gif image)
- Video from file: simply browse for the video on your local hard drive
- Video from website: enter the embed code for the web video (*** for YouTube videos, you must select the old type of embed code)
- Clip-art video: browse the built-in clip-art gallery in PowerPoint or simply drag and drop your own animated gif image into your presentation
- remember to always keep your local video files with your presentation to avoid broken links. A good habit to get into is to keep your videos in the same folder as your presentation
- if you are using the 64-bit version of PowerPoint, you require the 64-bit Adobe Flash Player plugin to playback web videos
If you would like additional information about this or any other technical matter, feel free to schedule a one-on-one meeting with a member of our Technical Support Staff.